Saturday, March 28, 2009

San Fran: part the millionth time

Laura has been suggesting I see her in San Francisco and I guess I may have been looking for a good excuse to use... The first time I went to visit her (shortly after moving there in 2001), it happened to be St. Patty's Day weekend. The last time I took a flight there was 2 years ago, happened to be St. Patty's Day. Well, she really didn't have to twist my arm when she mentioned visiting for this year's St. Patty's parade. I took her up on it. Took a flight Friday afternoon, came home late Sunday night, again with only a backpack. But this time, it was stuffed, as I just had to bring a couple pairs of shoes. Why, I'm not sure. But we'll move on...

In the 10 years she's been a chef, Laura's never cooked for me. Friday night, she made me gourmet cheese ravioli with fresh mushrooms and parmesean. QUITE tasty. Went to the bar shortly thereafter, and well, you can guess from there what happened.


We missed the parade due to the shennanigans we were up to the night before. But I was able to see these guys walking around and they really didn't mind having their photo taken.

FASHION TIP: DO NOT commit this crime at a petting zoo with toddlers running around and ducks with beaks waddling around.

Walking is a given when visiting & living in this city.




Naturally, when Alcatraz is sold out, you visit the aquarium.



A decal stuck on a window. This photo op only works if you are taller than 5'4".


I'm really proud of this photograph.


So lesson learned, you know someone loves you when you wake up to a freshly made breakfast and french-pressed coffee every day of your visit.

Next stop: Montana

No comments: