Thursday, January 15, 2009

No more weather permitting

The Holiday season was pretty crazy for me...from November through now there was always somewhere to be or something to do. I've decided to clamp down, yet once again, to photograph the items I have, to sell in the shop. I'm a bit constrained with my set up now: only can I photograph on Saturdays and Sundays in the mornings due to the natural light and my work schedule. I bought Photoshop basics to help me with this issue. But, really, getting the lighting right the first time saves a lot of hassle in the long run.

I am looking into a new backdrop- what I have, I'm not happy with. I was talking with the folks about this and they initiated the idea of me having space in the house to build a "set." Something semi permanent, one I don't have to move around all of the time. With weather and wind being unpredictable, there have been some weekends where I haven't been able to get any photos done outside, too.

Hopefully I can get that going within the next couple of weekends.

I've been doing research on how to set up lighting: tips, techniques, and on the cheap. I've also been playing around with the advanced features on my camera. (oooh, fancy!!!)

This new set up will come with challenges and much experimentation but it will turn out amazing. I know it. Once this is going, I can list more frequently and I might also get a lazy-sleeping-in-on-a-Sunday back. I'll be able to take photographs during the weekday evenings and won't be rushing to photograph as many items I can in a few hour period. Quite frankly, I would love to keep the biz exclusively online...not so many flea markets this year (unless I want to take a load off).

I have a few more ideas too...that soon will be shown. My mind is always a churnin'. I can't wait to see the final product :-)

No comments: