Thursday, June 12, 2008

I have some catching up to do.

I feel guilty for not posting online more often. I've been busy. I'm always running around like a maniac, I really don't know where the time goes and everything is a blur. I just happen to not have anything to do at work today.

I was connected with a woman who supplies costumes for a local theatre group. I met with her and she purchased about half of what I brought to show her. All 1950's and early 1960's outfits, women, men & girls. I was feeling a little down about the business and perked right up when she expressed how much she liked the clothing.

I have been hit up before to provide clothing to theatre groups, but I wasn't quite ready. Now I have the confidence in the knowledge I have gained. This is definitely an option for me, especially in the local area.

The Babylon Mall website has turned out to be a bust for me. Sort of my fault for not posting items frequently, but I seem to have more luck on Etsy and the Rose Bowl Flea Market. I think I will let Babylon go at the end of the month.

I wish I had some more insightful things to talk about. Maybe some decent writings. The time I give at the day job is so wasteful. During the days, I daydream about roadtrips, the characters I meet along the way, the roadside attractions that make no sense. Even the gasoline prices haven't affected my longing to get out of town.

A new clothing store has opened in this town. Amid the current economic status, they still opened. I haven't been in yet, but I did check out the window. I believe the inventory is better quality than Forever 21, but lower prices than a Macy's. They're having a cocktail party this weekend. I'll be going to spy. If they can open, so can I. If I do...I may not be able to go on a long trip this summer...

No comments: