Monday, April 28, 2008

green gingham days


















I stepped out of the house this morning to routinely start my car...and low and behold, sweater weather is no longer with us! The sunlight was so warm so early today. I pretty much spent my weekend outdoors- a trip to the Getty Museum near Santa Monica with Roger, and gleefully restoring that '75 Schwinn bicycle that crossed my path not too long ago.

I also drove out to the shops I talked about last week...turns out they are just antique shops? I didn't go into either, they were in a weird 2 story bulding that was just too complicated to figure out LOL. So I am still full of ideas and daydreaming every single day...this shop of mine will happen.
I picked up the new album by She & Him, with Zooey Deschanel. I have been listening to it nonstop during the last week. I love it. I wasn't quite on the bandwagon with the new female singers...this album tops them all. She sings of heartbreak and new loves. It's soothing and it has encouraged me to move on fairly quickly from my own situation. As hard as it is to open up to someone, it is so easy to shut down again, that wall is back up for the new people I may encounter in the near future. I can see it coming.
That is why I decided to focus on selling my inventory at this moment in time. I've been slacking and it needs to go up a notch again. I realized I can't get comfortable. I enjoy pushing myself to work harder and attain more. It's a constant thing in my head. Perhaps it's striving for perfection.




No comments: